Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My first quilt

So for Tara & Dan's wedding present I wanted to make them a Quilt. I love quilts and think that they are such personal gifts that mean a lot. So instead of starting small and making a baby quilt I decide to make a Queen size Rag Quilt for my first one. Was it a smart idea, I don't know. But looking back it would have probable have been easier to start small and work my way up but I really wanted to make this for my sister.

So I started the quilt in the middle of January and finished it by the end of March. The last two weeks were CRAZY!! I was sewing no less then 3 hrs a night and then cutting the material for 3 days to make the "rag" effect. But it was worth every poke and all the time. Here are some pictures.

Beginning Stages:
Hannah was so good and would stay off the Quilt... most of the time...
My Sewing Station, Small but it works!
I left the room for a minute and found Hannah like this,
I guess she was tired of staying off the material.
I got this embroidered for the quilt
A close up of the Back After it was finished!!
All Finished!!!

6 comments:

Kristina said...

Impressive! That's really neat. It turned out great!

J, E, M & I said...

So cute! You are a wonderful sister...

Drew and Alicia said...

I Love it I am so proud of you=) I miss you guys and Hannah!

Mike and Katie said...

It turned out soo good! I love that you got it embroyderd!

Anonymous said...

It turned out great! And I know they love it cause anytime I'm over at their house, Tara is wrapped up in it! Can't wait to see Grady's!

Amy said...

Way to go! It looks great. I bet they loved it.