Well Russell finally decided to make his grand entrance, and we couldn't be happier!! It all started on the 12th at about 9:30 pm when I getting comfy in bed to go to sleep when all of a sudden my water broke ( FYI I was not having contractions or cramps at all before that). So after calling the hospital and finding out that we can take our time and that we don't need to rush to the hospital then we went down stairs told Jason's family and I called my family and then we started a game of RummiKub. During the game we were timing contractions and talking and laughing until about 11:30pm when we decided that it was time to head to the hospital cause I was contracting every 5 mins for about an hour.
We arrived at Kaiser at about midnight and I was 100% effaced and dilated to a 4. The contractions were then just starting to get bad cause it was Back Labor! Ouch!!! I was handling the contractions by staying in my "zone" which was eyes closed and not talking to anyone. The only sounds I was making was some grunts and groans. I ended up getting an epidural at about 4am, which felt so good when it kicked in at about 4:30. Then I could talk and laugh with people, and my body reacted very well to it cause before the epidural they checked me again and I was only dilated to a 5. Then after the epidural in an hour and a half I went from a 5 to a 10 and so I started to push at about 6:15 and he made his entrance at 7:51 am!!
He is amazing and I must say one of the cutest babies ever! And boy does he have a head of hair!!! Stats: 7lb 2oz, 20.5 inches
We are both home now and doing well, my body is still getting back to normal and recovering and he is doing great, a very happy calm baby. He only cries during changing diapers and he starts to get fussy at feeding time. Daddy is doing great and is such a sweetheart with Little Russell!
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!
Russell Eldon Dupre, Soaking up the heat lamps
Holding Daddy's finger
3 comments:
I am soo glad you posted!! Oh my gosh he is soo cute! I LOVE all of that hair too =) I cant wait to meet him!!
OH I am so happy for you guys!! I will have to show everyone these pictures are work. I hope everything is going well, we miss you.
Congrats!! He is too cute!!
Post a Comment